I currently work as a researcher at the Centre for Theology, Philosophy and Media Theory at the Catholic Theological Faculty at Charles University in Prague. I also serve as a personal assistant of Msgr. Prof. Dr. Karel Skalický, Th.D. I did my doctoral studies at the Faculty of Theology at the University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice under his supervision. During that time, I spent a semester at the Free University in Amsterdam, and in 2008 I worked on my dissertation under the direct supervision of the late Cardinal Avery Dulles in New York, where I was accepted as guest researcher at the Fordham Jesuit University in the Bronx. A year later I defended a thesis entitled “Inner Dynamics of Christian Life. Aspects of Fundamental Theology in the Work of the Cardinal Avery Dulles SJ,” which was subsequently published in Czech. Since 2012 I am pursuing my “habilitation” under the supervision of prof. Bert Roebben in Germany. His professional interests include: Fundamental theology; Ecclesiology; Youth theology; Religious, and Christian identity; Intercultural theology; Public Theology; Theology of Religions.
- František Štěch “Here I am: A Prolegomena to Theology of the Landscape,” Communio Viatorum 59:2 (2017): 148-159.
- František Štěch “Zjevení a teologický obrat v teologii” [Revelation and the Theological Turn in Theology], Acta Universitas Carolinae Theologica, 7:2 (2017): 57-74.
- František Štěch, “Co je teologie? [What is Theology?]”, Studie a texty Evangelické teologické fakulty [Domov jako most: Festschrift k padesátinám Ivany Noble] 27(2016): 9-21.
- František Štěch, “Komparativní teologie a její rozvoj v díle Francise X. Clooneyho, SJ. [Comparative theology and its development in works of Francis X. Clooney, S.J.]”, Studia Theologica, 18:3(2016):59-82.
- František Štěch, “Who are Youth in Theological Perspective?”, Journal of Youth and Theology, 15:2(2016): 124-145.